Per the U.S. Department of State effective 12/18/2023, processing times for passports will be: 6-8 weeks for routine service, and 2-3 weeks for expedited service.

**Passport Applications are now processed in both of the Wayne County Clerk of Courts Title Offices located at 200 Vanover St. in Wooster (across from the fairgrounds) and at Orrville City Hall, 207 N. Main St. in Orrville. Hours of operation are:

Monday - Friday  8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. (Wooster and Orrville)

Saturday  8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. (Wooster)

We continue to provide this service as a convenience to you. Ease of access and available parking are enhancements to this service. We look forward to continuing to serve you.


Applicants must provide a separate check or money order made payable to the "U.S. Department of State" for each individual application. An additional check or cash is needed to pay the Clerk of Courts processing fee.

Type of Passport Service Passport Fee Clerk of Courts Processing Fee Total Per Application
New application for an adult age 16 or older  $130.00  $35.00  $165.00
New application for a child age 15 or younger  $100.00  $35.00  $135.00
Renewal for a Passport expired less than five years**  $130.00  $0.00  $130.00

**The Clerk's Office does not process Renewal Applications. Forms may be downloaded from the Travel.State.Gov website and mailed in to the Passport Office by the applicant.

Application Instructions

You must apply in person for a U.S. passport if you meet any of the following descriptions:

  • You are applying for a U.S. passport for the first time.
  • Your previous U.S. passport was lost or stolen.
  • Your previous U.S. passport has expired and was issued more than 15 years ago.

If applying for a child under the age of 16, the child must appear in person. For children under the age of 16, signatures from BOTH parents are required. For those children renewing a passport issued before the age of 16, the old passport PLUS the certified birth certificate are required.

If applying for a child 16 to 17, the child must appear in person along with one parent.

Please bring the following items with you to initiate your application:

A completed Application for Passport - Form DS-11

One of the following documents providing proof of U.S. Citizenship:

  • Previous U.S. Passport
  • Certified Birth Certificate
  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad
  • Naturalization Certificate
  • Certificate of Citizenship

Or, if the documentation requested above for proof of U.S. Citizenship is not available, then you will need:

Letter of "No Record" issued by the birth state documenting name, date of birth, years searched for the record and that there is no birth certificate on file for the person.

And, one of the following documents of public record showing the date and place of birth, and, created within the first five years of life:

  • Baptismal certificate
  • hospital birth certificate
  • census record
  • certificate of circumcision
  • early school record
  • family bible record
  • doctor's record of post-natal care
  • Affidavit or Form DS-10 from an older blood relative familiar with the circumstances of the birth, i.e., a parent, aunt, uncle, sibling. It must be notarized or have the seal and signature of the acceptance agent.
  • A Delayed Birth Certificate filed more than one year after the birth, listing the documentation used to create it. It must be signed by the attending physician or midwife, or, list an affidavit by the parents, or, show early public records.

One of the following documents providing proof of identity:

  • Current, valid driver's license
  • Previous U.S. passport
  • Naturalization Certificate
  • Certificate of Citizenship
  • Government ID: city, state or federal
  • Military ID: military and dependents
  • Work ID: must be currently employed by the company
  • Student ID: must be currently enrolled
  • Merchant Marines card: also known as a "Seamen's" or "Z" card
  • Pilot or flight attendant ID


Or, if the documentation requested above for proof of identity is not available, then you will need:

A person who can vouch for the applicant. This person must have known the applicant for at least two years, be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, have valid identification. They will need to fill out a Form DS-71 in front of the passport agent.

The passport applicant must have some form of signature identification such as a Social Security card, credit card, bank card or library card.

If applying for a child under the age of 16, both parents and/or legal guardians must apply for the child. The child must also appear. The parents or guardians must show current, valid identification. If the parents are not citizens, they must show an alien registration or "green" card, valid foreign passport, other identification such as a driver's license. If the parents do not have acceptable identification, someone with current, valid identification must vouch for the parents as described above.

Passport Photographs

The Department of State requires one recent photograph of the applicant to be submitted with the application packet.

Photograph must be 2x2 inches in size. The image size from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head should be between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches. They must be in color. They must be full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background.

Photographs should be taken in normal street attire, without a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline. Uniforms should not be worn in photographs with the exception of religious attire which is worn daily. If a hearing device, wig or similar articles are normally and consistently worn, they should be worn when the picture is taken.

Dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless required for medical reasons. A medical certificate may be required to support the wearing of such glasses in photographs