Non-Waiverable Offenses (You must appear in court)
- If you are cited for speed of 36 mph or more in a school zone your ticket is not waiverable. You must appear on the court date specified on your ticket.
- A speed violation in excess of the speed limit by more than 25 mph requires your appearance.
- A 3rd offense speed violation within the last 12 months requires your appearance.
Waiverable Offenses (You can pay instead of appearing in court)
- If you are cited for speed of 35 mph or less in a school zone the total amount due is $124.50.
- If your citation indicates that this is your second offense for speed within the last 12 months the total amount due is $149.50.
- To determine the amount of your fines & costs for a first offense speeding violation within the last 12 months that is less than 25 mph over the posted speed limit, the fine is calculated at $2.00 for every mile over the limit plus $74.50 court costs. Example: if you were traveling at 70mph in a 55 mph zone your fine & costs would equal $104.50.
- 70 – 55 = 15 X $2.00 = $30.00 + $74.50 = $104.50.
Waiverable Criminal/Traffic Violations:
|4512.263B1||Seat Belt Required – Driver||$75.50|
|4513.263B3||Seat Belt Required – Passenger||$65.50|
|4511.202||Failure to Control||$109.50|
|4511.21a||Assured Clear Distance||$109.50|
|4511.38||Starting and Backing||$109.50|
|4511.39||Turn and Stop||$109.50|
|4511.43||Right of Way – Stop or Yield||$109.50|
|Expired Plates/Registration 1-30 Days||$54.50 A copy of new registration required|
|Expired Plates/Registration 31-59 Days||$59.50A copy of new registration required|
|Expired Plates/Registration 60-89 Days||$64.50 A copy of new registration required|
|Expired Plates/Registration 90-179 Days||$69.50 A copy of new registration required|
|Expired Plates/Registration 180+ Days||$74.50 A copy of new registration required|
|4511.34||Following too Closely||$109.50|
|4301.62||Open Container in Public Place||$89.50|
|4301.62||Open Container in Motor Vehicle||$139.50|
If the violation you were cited for is not listed above please call (330) 287-5650 for the waiver amount. Payments may be made by mail, in person or online.
Make checks payable to:
Wayne County Clerk of Courts
215 North Grant Street
Wooster, OH 44691